A fellow subscriber wrote in with this to say about Paraguay:
We have followed your website for quite some time now and like the way it is structured and the type of information given. I am a British Expat who currently lives in Paraguay and is married to a Paraguayan wife. I have actually fallen in love with the country for a lot of reasons and although Paraguay definitely doesn´t fall into the touristy place category I can find an ever increasing number of reasons to seriously consider it as a retirement destination:
- Very low cost of living (for people without children sub $1000 is very do-able)
- Very strong economic growth due to expanding agriculture & service sector (this year estimated growth is fab!)
- Sunny and warm climate (about 9 months of sun – 3 months jan-mar perhaps a little too hot)
- Good healthcare facilities (anything from pharmacies, dental practices, hospitals, etc.)
- Useless Government is good for economic growth (oddly enough no red tape means continued growth)
- Crime is an issue however when appropriate precautions are followed it is no more dangerous than in the US or Europe
- Ample investment opportunities – the place is alive – lots of construction, new investment
- Did not participate in ´Post Dotcom boom´ in realestate prices – therefore realestate is not overvalued and very unlikely to suffer a drop in prices even as the developed world´s realestate struggles
- Location – we are 5 mins from airport – 2 mins from motorway – 10 mins from the capital and 5 mins from supermarket, etc. Access is great to everything – we recommend people consider the same area.
- We are 5 mins from a recreational complex, 5 mins from the largest park complex, 2 mins from gym, 10 mins to Shopping centre (a new shopping centre is under construction 2 mins away) – I mean its buzzing here!
Leave your comments below. Stay tuned for more info and articles about Paraguay.